South Tyrolean bacon dumplings, cheese dumplings or fasting dumplings
Category: Main dish
Preparation time: 30 min
- Put the ingredients dumpling bread, breadcrumbs, flour and warm milk in a large bowl.
- Let it soak for 30 to 60 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the onions and bacon into cubes.
- Fry the onion in butter for a few toasted flavors.
Tip: Fry the fat from the bacon a little until it becomes liquid, which makes the dough more fluffy.
- Add the onion, bacon, three eggs, salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Add fresh, finely chopped chives (or frozen chives) as well.
- Knead the whole thing into dough.
Tip: If the dough consistency is too moist, add a little flour and breadcrumbs.
- Prepare the water in a large saucepan as soon as it boils, add salt.
- Shape dumplings and add to the boiling water.
- Let simmer for a quarter of an hour with the lid closed.
- Meanwhile prepare the nut butter.
- Serve nicely with parmesan, nut butter and some chives. And enjoy.
Instead of bacon, cut mountain cheese into pieces.
Without bacon and without cheese.
Usually white cabbage is eaten with it.
Author: De Lorenzo Gardinal Benjamin