Beef goulash with red cabbage and mashed potatoes
Category: Meat dish
|125.00||ml||Apple Cider Vinegar|
Preparation time: 90 min
Prepare beef goulash
- Fry the goulash in oil in a pan.
- Salt, pepper and add rosemary to the meat.
- Cut an onion, two cloves of garlic and a carrot into small cubes, add to the meat and fry.
- Add a tablespoon of mustard, two tablespoons of tomato paste and a soup cube and deglaze with a quarter liter of red wine.
- Now season well with salt, pepper, hot paprika and sweet paprika.
- Add a quarter liter of water.
- Let simmer for an hour until the meat is nice and soft.
- Tie with cornstarch at the end.
Cook red cabbage
- Put the oil in the pan and warm it up.
- Cut the onion into small cubes and sweat in a saucepan.
- Also add a peeled, sliced apple, two whole cloves, a bay leaf and a tablespoon of honey to the pot.
- Quarter the red cabbage and cut into strips.
- Add a quarter of the red cabbage at a high temperature and fry.
- Deglaze with an eighth liter of apple cider vinegar, so that the red cabbage stays blue.
- Add the rest of the red cabbage and cook.
- As soon as the liquid has boiled away, add a quarter liter of red wine.
If there is not enough liquid, add water or vegetable stock.
- Season with red currant jelly at the end.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare mashed potatoes
- Peel the potato and cut into slices.
- Cook in a little water until they are floury.
- Then add salt, pepper, a piece of butter and nutmeg.
- Mash to a pulp with some milk. If necessary, add milk until it is a solid paste.
Author: De Lorenzo Gardinal Benjamin